Thursday, January 14, 2010

This may take some time.

I didnt expect Chloe to be sleeping in her crib wonderfully overnight but WOW, I never thought it would be this stressful either.

Tonight I noticed Chloe was rubbing her eyes and getting sleepy. It was quarter to 6 so I wasnt sure how she would sleep... naptime or bedtime? It is now 10:30 so I guess bedtime. I shut off the lights, turned on some beethoven, heated a bottle, and rocked her to sleep. I waited about 15 minutes then put her in her crib. Most times she wake up I just give her a soother and rub her back then shes fine.. other times I have to actually grab her out and rock her again. The good news is that she hasnt slept on my bed at all. I hope she sleeps a bit longer tonight without waking but I guess I will have to wait and see. I skipped routine today because Pantly suggests going straight to bed otherwise your child may become overtired and stay awake extra hours. So I listened, and she is sleeping so early now.

It is weird having this extra time to myself. I really dont know what to do when Im not at her side rubbing her back. I have to be extra quiet so that limits the things I can do. Because right now we live in a loft type room together, I cant exactly turn the tv on. However, Chloe has always been a good sleeper through noise so I may just keep it on low volume for now on when she is falling asleep so I have something to do!

All these tips have been working wonderfully and the book does point out that after a few days (or weeks) of doing things like patting the back, ect, the baby will no longer need that help and sleep through the night. I hope this is true. Otherwise I can see her coming back into my bed.

Lastnight she slept in her crib until 6am. She woke up once at 3am (which is normal for her), for a bottle, then back to sleep in the crib she went. I let her come to my bed at that point because really an hour or two wasnt a big deal to me. However, sleeping in her crib from 3-8 am is what I am really working on.

Ughhh, I hope this works.. I am really dedicated!

She ate another big meal for dinner and that really helped! We also went for a long walk today.. first time in her new stroller and she loved it. She talked the whooooole time.

I am going to keep this up!

I will keep you posted :)

No comments: