Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What All Children Want Their Parents To Know

Teach me to love and care for myself,
Through your positive example.
I will learn much more from what you do than from anything you could ever say.
Notice me often and take joke in my existence,
So that I grow up to feel special and know that I'm loved.
Listen to me with an open ear and loving heart,
So that I learn to understand my feelings and trust that my needs will be heard.
Play with me often,
Let your guard down and be more carefree.
The memories will last long,
And our connection even longer.
Focus on what I'm doing right,
And tell me when you apprichiate me,
So that I learn to feel worthy and motivated to do even more.
Tell me more about your life, your hopes, your successes,
So that I learn to know you as a person and can call you my friend as well as my parent.

No comments: